The latest new device that is a hit in the trending technology market is ” The Google Glasses”. There is a lot of chitter chatter about Google Glasses. Everybody talks about it and everybody wants to be a proud owner of a pair of these supercool glasses.The irony here is that many of us don’t even know what exactly are these glasses and what are it’s features but still many of us want to own it just because it is a Google product! So here we try to know all that we can about these wonder Glasses.
So what really is The Google Glasses?
Google Glasses was a product of the Google’s project program for developing a line of hands-free, head-mounted intelligent devices that can be worn by users as “wearable computing” eyewear. Google Glasses look like a pair of eyeglasses, but the lens of the glasses are an interactive, smartphone -like display, with natural language voice command support as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. Google Glass is powered by the Android mobile operating system.
Also another interesting observation that can be made about these glasses is how the hardware is made compact and is made to fit into these glasses that supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, speakers, a camera, microphone, touchpad.And all this hardware is put to good use: Google Glass has voice input, which makes everything a lot more interesting. The built-in microphone combined with Google Now connects you directly to the search engine.
Let’s now see a few features that are supported by these Glasses:
- VOICE ACTIVATION: Other than the touchpad, Google Glass can be controlled using “voice actions”. To activate Glass, wearers tilt their heads 30° upward (which can be altered for preference) or tap the touchpad, and say “O.K., Glass.” Once Glass is activated, wearers can say an action, such as “Take a picture”, “Record a video”, “Hangout with [person/Google+ circle]”, “Give me directions to the Eiffel Tower”, and “Send a message to John”. For search results that are read back to the user, the voice response is relayed using bone conduction through a transducer that sits beside the ear, thereby rendering the sound almost inaudible to other people
- VOICE TRANSLATIONS: Translation is yet another feature Google promises to offer with Glass. For example, users could ask Glass how to say “delicious” in Brazilian, as the company demonstrated in its latest trailer for Glass called “How It Feels.”
- RECORD VIDEOS, CLICK PICTURES:Just say the word and Google Glass will take a picture or record a video – you will never have to touch the hardware. The photos and videos will be stored on the 4GB flash memory of the device, and can also be shared on social networking websites or emailed.
- VIEW MESSAGES: Google glasses allows you to view messages and also e-mails and hence reply to these using the Voice Activation.
- GOOGLE MAPS: The Google Maps have now been integrated with the glasses and makes sure that anybody using this will not lose their way!
- INTEGRATING GOOGLE NOW:Google Now, the digital voice assistant from the search giant, has been integrated in this device. It will keep track of your daily habits, such as when you leave for office or the route you take. It will give you alternate routes if there is traffic on the way or give you weather updates periodically, among various other functions
Another question that many people ponder upon is that how much does this cost and is it available in India?
Yes,it is now available in India and the price quoted is around 1,29,500.
With technology booming at this rate, we can expect much more improvements in the Google Glasses! We are sure we will see a much smarter Google Glasses loaded with a whole new set of amazing features.
By: Roshni Arun